Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Blasphemy

On my trip into the local shopping centre this lunchtime to buy a fishing rod with my football winnings, I finally noticed some artwork by local kids that has been pinned up around the place. I say finally as it's all in honour of St Patrick and I've been walking past it obliviously for the past month.

Most of the pictures featured St Patrick with.... shopping bags. Or chasing someone with a shopping trolley whilst shouting 'Beep beep'. Or in one instance, saying how much he loves Dunne's Stores. Is it my imagination or have children become far more commercially aware? Does this constitute blasphemy? Does St Pat really endorse Dunne's Stores ("The difference is, we're Irish!" And nine out of ten saints prefer them). And why did one kid picture him with a crock of gold? Or was that a very pious leprechaun?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home